Here’s our 2nd recipe with our DJ friend (and fabulous chef) So Super Sam; a delicious brunch-worthy batch of Kale Baked Eggs. Whip these up on a Saturday or Sunday morning and you’ll surely be the center of attention.
– 1 leek, cleaned & chopped
– 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
– 1 bunch of lacinto kale, chopped
– 2 tbsp butter, separated
– 1 lemon
– 4 eggs
– 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 tsp fresh oregano
– chili powder, salt and pepper
1. In a saute pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter of medium heat
2. Add leeks, scallions and kale then top with juice of 1 lemon & salt
3. Let the ingredients wilt
4. Transfer to a 10″ cast iron skillet
5. Create 4 indents – off heat, crack eggs carefully into indents
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 until the eggs are set
7. Make garlic infused yogurt topping: In a small bowl, add greek yogurt, garlic cloves & salt. Let sit for 20 minutes to let garlic infuse.
8. Make butter sauce: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 1 tbsp butter and add chili powder & salt (to taste). When butter is browned, add 1 tsp fresh oregano. Cook for 30 more seconds.
9. Top baked eggs with garlic-infused yogurt & spiced butter